Friday, August 10, 2007

Great thoughts on Freedom-Republican style


Well, first of all, I sincerely doubt Janis Joplin would be a Republican if she were alive today. However the line "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose" pretty much sums up the direction of the modern day GOP in my opinion.


Then there's the incomparable Rudy Giuliani describing his philosophy on freedom:

"Freedom is about authority. Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do and how you do it."

Huh? This man is the self-described protector of American Values? Our last bet hope to stay safe from the civilization destroying threats of Islamofacism and, uh... ferrets?
I just read that quote and it reminded me of something.
The Declaration of Independence? Nope.
The Constitution? Nope.
Actually it reminded me of this:
'Work makes one free'
The gates of Auschwitz

No comments: